Europe: Gas prices hit...

Following the August 15 meeting between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, and Trump’s...

Region: Electricity prices drop...

In Week 34 of 2025, electricity market prices declined across most South East...

Romania: End of price...

Electricity bills for July and part of August 2025 in Romania are significantly...

Bosnia and Herzegovina sees...

According to the Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), gross electricity...
Supported byClarion Energy
HomeSEE Energy NewsRomania, Transgaz started...

Romania, Transgaz started the incremental capacity process for an entry point in Tuzla

Romanian natural gas transmission system operator Transgaz started the incremental capacity process for an entry point in Tuzla, in Constanta county.

The statement from the operator said that the conclusion of capacity booking contracts and firm commitments before starting the actual investment provides the guarantee that the new capacities are to be used efficiently and that the project implementation will not lead to the increase in the transmission tariff in Romania.

Transgaz carried out an incremental capacity process for an entry/exit point in Tuzla in 2018, which was completed with allocation of capacity and the company concluded transmission contracts for a period of 16 years. However, contracts were terminated and participants paid penalties.

Transgaz said earlier it received a request for incremental capacity for an entry/exit point to/ from the national gas transmission system, expected to be created in the area of Tuzla in Constanta county, with the aim of transporting natural gas which is to be extracted from the Black Sea.

Last month, Romanian President Klaus Iohannis said that OMV Petrom should start with the exploitation of gas resources at the Black Sea Neptun Deep project as soon as possible, adding that the current version of the Offshore Law is vary favorable for investors, adding that the Neptun Deep projects is of strategic importance for Romania.

This statement could be interpreted that OMV Petrom could not expect any more amendments to recently revised Offshore Law. The law was previously heavily criticized by the company as the main obstacle for investing in hydrocarbon exploration in the country.

In September, OMV Petrom’s CEO Christina Verchere said that the company will need at least another 12 months to make the decision.

On 1 August, state-owned Romgaz has officially completed the takeover of all shares of ExxonMobil’s local subsidiary that held 50 % stake in the Black Sea Neptun Deep gas project in an acquisition worth 1.06 billion dollars.

Supported byOwner's Engineer banner

Recent News

Supported byspot_img
Supported byspot_img

Latest News

Supported byspot_img
Supported bySEE Energy News

Related News

Europe: Gas prices hit 2025 low amid high storage levels and strong LNG supply

Following the August 15 meeting between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, and Trump’s subsequent conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, European gas prices fell to a new low for 2025 as markets anticipated a possible easing of geopolitical tensions....

Region: Electricity prices drop across most of SEE in late August 2025 as demand and renewable output decline

In Week 34 of 2025, electricity market prices declined across most South East European (SEE) countries compared to Week 30 (21–27 July 2025), with all markets moving to weekly average prices below €100/MWh except for Italy, which recorded the...

Slovenia: Wind Energy Association calls for balanced policy consultation

The Slovenian Wind Energy Association (GIZ) has expressed concern that recent political debates on wind energy are being shaped by what it views as an unbalanced event. The association says conclusions from a June consultation in the National Council—attended...
Supported byVirtu Energy
error: Content is protected !!